cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Wind Drag

Amazing1
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to everyone. After several months of looking at very small travel trailers my wife and I have found two suitable models that would meet our travel needs. They are shaped quite differently so I have a question about the effect of height and wind drag that might effect our decision on which one to buy.

One is a retro type model that is 17' long and according to the manufacturer 97" high. The other one were considering is traditional in design, kind of box like, and thus measures 17' in length but is 117" high. Both trailers have approximately the same dry weight of 2300 pounds.

We're going to be towing with a Jeep Cherokee with a 4.0 engine that says it will pull 5,000 lbs. Seems to me that the significantly lower model would make things much easier on my Jeep when all other things are equal. Plus, with less wind drag there might also be less chance of swaying, etc. Would love to hear what some of you experienced folks say about this. Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

rockportrocket
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you are not serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go here PLEASE and read. http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/pulling-rv-98-jeep-cherokee-sport-4-0-a-141612/