cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

removing tattered decal

DBabylon
Explorer
Explorer
The logo decal on my back of my TT is in bad shape - faded and chipping. I would just like to remove it. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
BB_TX wrote:
Just to add. The eraser wheel works great on fiberglass. But may take off paint on an aluminum sided trailer. You don't say what you have.

Eraser wheels are great for leftover goo after removing trim pieces and old crusty decals that won't pull off after heated. But a lot of decals will pull off pretty easy with some heat froma heat gun and skills with a razor blade.
Don't use on aluminum or powder coat and for some reason it burns pretty easy on my camper fiberglass. Gave up on the wheel and started scraping and peeling. Didn't take too long. Clean up the residue with lacquer thinner....again except on powder coat.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I removed the decals on my front cap, rear, and just the Flagstaff logos from each side of my 5th wheel. I used this adhesive remover:

Aircraft Decal and Adhesive Remover

It did a really good job for me. I STRONGLY ADVISE you to test in a small area first just to make sure that it is safe for your finish.

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Just to add. The eraser wheel works great on fiberglass. But may take off paint on an aluminum sided trailer. You don't say what you have.

DBabylon
Explorer
Explorer
these are all great suggestions. I will try them once I pick up the trailer.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
3M eraser wheel and a good corded drill. Will take off the decal and most of the adhesive. Then use 3M adhesive remover, or mineral spirits, to remove the remaining adhesive.

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
I used a rubber wheel that I put on my drill, got it at a paint store. Worked well with no damage.
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

towhead
Explorer
Explorer
warming it up with a hair dryer really helps to peel it off.
Dave
2005 GMC Duramax 4x4 crew cab
2005 Cruiser CF28RL