cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tool kit?

Raife
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon. While I have my nice set of tools at home, I am curious about getting a dedicated "tool kit" for the TT.

I didn't find any RV/TT specific tool kits and assume the required tools are all typical/common tools.

Is there anything I am missing? Anyone have a recommendation for a decent tool kit?

I was considering: Amazon Basics

I will be bringing one of my extra drills...

Not looking to spend a lot (so I know the quality will not be stellular...).

Thank you.
37 REPLIES 37

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
1Wheeldrive wrote:
Make sure you have a #2 square head screw driver or bit for electric screw driver. Nearly every screw on the inside and outside of your trailer is a #2 square drive.

DARN ! I need a #2 Robertson 1/4" hex bit !

1Wheeldrive wrote:
You should also have a multimeter for electrical testing.

And an old fashioned 12V incandescent test light.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I put this together several years ago. It DOES all fit in that tool box, but just barely !

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Change a tire in your driveway to see if you have everything. Donโ€™t fake it. Do it.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Get a small bag. Combo driver, adjustable wrench, hammer, tape. Build as needed.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
roll duck tape. don,t over do it, some hose clamps. wire tye,s

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Raife wrote:

I was considering: Amazon Basics

I will be bringing one of my extra drills...

Not looking to spend a lot (so I know the quality will not be stellular...).

Thank you.

horribly overpriced IMHO.
bumpy

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You should have some wrenches, check around the RV to check what sizes you might need. Be sure that you have tire changing tools that fit the spare and lugs, yes, sometimes they throw a curve ball. Add a jack that will work with the tire wasted. A drill can be used to operate stabilizer jacks, so take a look to see if that might be a real convenience for you.

1Wheeldrive
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you have a #2 square head screw driver or bit for electric screw driver. Nearly every screw on the inside and outside of your trailer is a #2 square drive.
You should also have a multimeter for electrical testing.
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 CC Long Bed
2012 Voltage 3200
2006 KLR 650