cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailer Hitch Cargo Carrier for Roadtrek RS Adventurer

ZowieR
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought my Roadtrek RS Adventurer and due to lack of storage am looking to add a trailer hitch cargo rack. Does anyone know of a hitched rack without a box that swings out or down so you can open the back doors of the van when the rack is installed? I have found the Thule box that swings down but I don't really want a box. The Rola company makes a box/rack that swings to the side but the reviews I have seen suggest the box is not good gaulity. If I did get a box rack I would need to attach a bike rack to the trailer hitch or be able to mount a bike ontop of the box.
4 REPLIES 4

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
The good news is the RS's hitch is frame mounted (the OEM Mercedes one), which can haul a lot. Only downside is that your vehicle ends up being a 25-26 footer, with the parking issues of that.

As another option, there are small cargo trailers, but that means having some place to put it.

ZowieR
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks SquirrelyM that was exactly the type of carrier I was looking for. My hitch is a class 3 hitch so I think that should work.

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Sure hope you will put a frame mounted receiver hitch for that and not on the bumper. 🙂
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

SquirrelyM
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe something like this would work.