cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Lite (Falcon) - Decent Manufacturer???

henkew
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to buy my first Camper Trailer. I like what I see with the Falcon 23TH (Toy Hauler). Travel Lite is a small, newer company and I'm nervous about making such a large purchase without a long, solid track record. I've read a few negative stories, but then, those are the types of things that people post. I do the same... I'm more apt to complain that sing praises. They seem to take great care of customers who can make it in to their factory for warranty work, but since I live in the Pacific Northwest, that ain't gonna happen.

I'd love to hear any stories of Travel Lite trailer owners. I'm hoping there are some good ones out there... I'd like to thing this unit is going to last for years and years and years....

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

henkew
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Lots of threads on this site about Travel Lite trailers and truck campers and not all are nice either.

I'd guess everyone has plenty of not nice stuff... There has to be some happy customers out there? Somewhere?

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lots of threads on this site about Travel Lite trailers and truck campers and not all are nice either.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
It has a wet bath. Do you know what that is and are you willing to wipe it down after every shower?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

henkew
Explorer
Explorer
The BBB website says they have been around for 20 years. I'm guessing that is going back old owners? When did the R Vision thing happen... maybe that is why I'm confused? Any idea how long the current version of Travel Lite has been around? Maybe the Falcon line is what is new...

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
There have been many RV manufacturers that went belly up after only 2 or 3 years.
The brand Travel Lite used to belong to R-Vision, which went belly up a number of years ago.
Pilgrim International is a good example. Founded by former employees of a big RV manufacturer. They stated they wanted to make their RVs right. 2 years later they shut down, creating another orphan brand.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
henkew wrote:
Travel Lite is a small, newer company and I'm nervous about making such a large purchase without a long, solid track record

Thanks!

Have no experience with Travel Lite....
But I do have lots of travel trailer experience...I will tell you that even if the company has been around for a long time, there is no guarantee that you will get a trouble free unit.

If you want it to last for, "years and years," the key is constant maintenance.

Good luck with your choice.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro