cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is this?

darlingtontrio
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a WDH and was going through checking everything out before I install it and came across this. There is no picture of it in the instruction manual and I have read it and can not find a reference to it. Thanks for any help.

[/img]
2013 Ford F150 STX
2001 Jayco Kiwi Hybrid 23B
6 REPLIES 6

darlingtontrio
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody. I am off work tomorrow. If it is warm enough to stand it outside for a little, I will mess with it.
2013 Ford F150 STX
2001 Jayco Kiwi Hybrid 23B

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
you can look up you tube and they show you how to install the hitch step by step and will also show you how to use that thing you don't know what it is. look up etrailer wdh installs. they do several different ones so find the one you have and what it a few times to get the drift of things.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
rvten wrote:
WDH?:h

What Da Hell???......:B

Weight Distributing Hitch.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that pin fits between the hitch head and the shank. As stated it's used to adjust the angle of the hitch head. You may have noticed (or not) that the two big bolts seemed kind of sloppy before you torqued them down? That's so you can tilt the head to keep your equalizer bars level with the trailer frame when they are sucked up tight for travel. You can't rely on just the bolts to hold the angle on the hitch head, you need that pin inserted between the hitch head and shank. Stack washers on the pin the get the correct angle before torquing the two big bolts. Hope this helps. Hans
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
WDH?:h
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
You stack washers on it and it goes between the head and the arm to set the angle