cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this

sleepygeek
Explorer
Explorer
What is this and where does it go. I think it is some kind of converter, and goes in the side box where the shore cord is stored. The previous owner Jury rigged the cord to work with out this box. He said it was burnt out, and might cost $300 to replace. Hope the picture shows.

Can't get the picture to show for some reason, it is in the some pictures link.
My website
My Website
1986/87 E-350 Ford Mobile Traveler
Some Pix of progress
24 REPLIES 24

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a transfer switch, I "assume" the original owner just switched it to a manual change from gen set to campground outlet like my first motorhome was set up. fool proof and save $300.
bumpy

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
sleepygeek wrote:
Thanks Boon Docker for getting the picture to show.

You're Welcome!

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it looks like a transfer switch too. $300 seems rather steep for a transfer switch, but maybe once you pay someone through the nose to install it....

Are there any labels or other identifying marks/numbers/information on the box?

sleepygeek
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Boon Docker for getting the picture to show. I do not see any room around the generator compartment. Bad bendix on the Gen, so I bought a portable generator. Every thing seems to run fine on it connected to the shore cord, 4000 watts. 30 amp 120v-240v, I am just using the normal grounded cord right now to run an electric ceramic space heater. The local rv dealer don't like people asking questions about stuff like this. I do not deal with him because of his attitude. If he had the part I'd buy it, but I look to poor to him. Snob is all I can say. I'll google the picture and maybe find out more, and thanks to all for the info.
My website
My Website
1986/87 E-350 Ford Mobile Traveler
Some Pix of progress

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Image from the link

nadkaw1957
Explorer
Explorer
Some kind of transfer switch (just from looking at the relay)?
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK
2018 Toyota Tundra 5.7L

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
brought image up, beats me.
bumpy

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Was able to copy the url on my iphone and bring it up. I've never seen anything like that before. My first guess would be a very old-school-style surge protector custom made for an RV.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Right click and open the image in a new tab. Pic will come up.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Disregard. I tried. Unfortunately, I'm on my work computer, images are blocked.

Maybe without the HTML tags:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wPnfCR8ziiexgnCX6