cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 Toyota Tundra - Electric Brake Controller

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a new (to us) TT yesterday. Our previous HTT was so light that we didnt have the electric brake controller.

My questions is that do I just need to plug the module controll in the wire harness and mount? Does anything need to be programmed in the computer or anything?

Thanks
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper
4 REPLIES 4

TexasChaps
Explorer
Explorer
roypd wrote:
If you have the socket by your emergency brake, you are good to go. Just mount and plug in your controller. I mounted mine in my 2012 Tundra in the pocket right below the Tow/Haul button. It makes it an easy reach for me. I had to merge my original wiring harness and the one that came with my brake controller to make it reach.

Good luck!

I never had an "emergency brake" on my tundra.. did you have it fitted by special order ?

roypd
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the socket by your emergency brake, you are good to go. Just mount and plug in your controller. I mounted mine in my 2012 Tundra in the pocket right below the Tow/Haul button. It makes it an easy reach for me. I had to merge my original wiring harness and the one that came with my brake controller to make it reach.

Good luck!

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Okay. That is what I thought, but I saw that some needed to have the computer re-programmed. I think that was for vehiciles that didn't come with the factory tow package though.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
For our 2013 we bought a wire harness for the model and plugged it in. We did have to find a ground. Plug and go.