cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
On 30 SEP 16, we bought a 2016 Grand Cherokee.Overland High Altitude, (fancy name for black badging) We were going to get a Cherokee but had problems getting into and out of it. I am very comfortable sitting in the passenger seat. We also have a TPMS in the RV. Can we get the one on the Jeep to work with the one in the RV?
This jeep does have the Quadra Trac II Transfer case. And according to the Owner's Manual it's towable four down.

My question is which Tow Bar assembly is the easiest to hook up and or remove, Or which one is the best pro's and con's ? We are going to use this set up on our 2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 26Q Class C. I know it's cutting it close on the GVW
Thank You
8 REPLIES 8

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
I want to say thank you to all of you folks that replied to my questions. Would have replied sooner but have been dealing with some health problems first DW and the last several weeks myself. So any way Thank You for the info.

have decided on the Blue Ox Base Plate and Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and the SMI Stay-In-Play Duo braking system for the Jeep.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Towed our Overland for the last 11/2 years 4 down. Blue Ox base plate and tow bars. Brake buddy for controlling brakes ( 3 years now). You will have the air suspension. Remember to shut off the auto exit suspension ( lowers jeep when in park).

Mike_and_Trish
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a 2016 GC Overland High Altitude, and installed the Blue Ox baseplate to go with our Aventa towbar, which we've used for 8 years now (actually on our second one, sold the old one to a friend). The installation is relatively easy, except for the careful trimming of the front fascia for the towbar sockets and electrical connector. We did it at home, with experienced help.

Love the Jeep, and I'm very happy with the way the baseplate install went. Very easy connect/disconnect, and problem-free towing.
Mike and Trish
2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee on Blue Ox Aventa LX
Yorkiepoos - Janis and Jimi

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
I like the Blue Ox baseplate system because of the removable brackets which pretty much hides the baseplate when not in use. I also use the Blue Ox Adventa tow bar.

Roadmaster has the same system. It is installed on the GC I just bought.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Blue Ox system that sch911 describes. I use the SMI Stay-In-Play Duo braking system for the Jeep.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Blue Ox baseplate system because of the removable brackets which pretty much hides the baseplate when not in use. I also use the Blue Ox Adventa tow bar.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
You are very,very close on the GVW but I can tell you for sure that the TPMS on the Jeep will not work with that of the coach no matter what brand it is..

Roadmaster has some tow brackets for the Jeep that will pretty much be hidden. Blue OX probably has the same. Pick the one you get the best deal on. Both are reputable companies

I have a friend that tows a Jeep Liberty with a 26Q and when he does he drains all but a gallon of gasoline out of the Jeep. We are going to be looking at a RV on the Ram 5500 Chassis. But will have to make due, with what we have right now. We have all sorts of equipment in the storage bin on the Jamboree 26Q.

Thanks I will start looking. Was thinking of getting a Tow Bar and hook it to the Jamboree and tow that with my Ram 2500 CC/LB IL-6 Cummins Turbo Diesel (ha ha :h) That might be a little over kill. :S

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
You are very,very close on the GVW but I can tell you for sure that the TPMS on the Jeep will not work with that of the coach no matter what brand it is..

Roadmaster has some tow brackets for the Jeep that will pretty much be hidden. Blue OX probably has the same. Pick the one you get the best deal on. Both are reputable companies