cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Bought RV/Camping Supplies At A Rummage Sale ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I went to a rummage sale this weekend and purchased two small chairs that foldup twice for very easy storage. (2 bucks each)

Bought an "on demand" 8 piece fire ring for when I am dry camping in a secluded area. (5 bucks)

Got a smaller than twin size air mattress for 5 bucks. This will be great to use for when I fold down the captains chairs to sleep.

Just wondering who else has got great deals on RV/camping supplies at rummage/garage sales, flea markets etc.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
104 REPLIES 104

catdaddyxx
Explorer
Explorer
I mainly do yard sales. Last summer I got a coleman lantern, case, and one of those propane distribution trees (that clamp to a 20lb tank) for $15. That tree is $$ new.
Than at another yard sale I got a 30 foot 50amp cord with a camco connector for $20
2010 29' Jayco, Jay Flight 26BH First real camper
1960 Montgomery Ward popup with slide out galley.(Restored in 2010)
2004 Ford, F150 4x4 lariat 5.4L V8, 3.73 gears, pipes, FIPK, tuner.
Many many mods to the truck

Mom4Nana3
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a foot stool for my chair in the motorhome and also a shelf to go in my cabinet above the sink yesterday. The cabinet is fairly deep, but no shelfs and everything has to just be stacked on top of each other. Good day of garage sales.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a clean Eureka hand vac at a garage sale for a buck yesterday. I thought it would be worth a gamble as these cordless devices are usually hit and miss.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
dead pedal wrote:
Oh yea all most forgot, thats a yard sale canoe on our TV..... $125 bucks / I love yard sales!

Great deal!! I am looking to hit some yard sales this weekend. Looking for a hitch cargo carrier for my generator. If I do not find one, it is still nice to get out and meet some great people.

dead_pedal
Explorer
Explorer
Oh yea all most forgot, thats a yard sale canoe on our TV..... $125 bucks / I love yard sales!

dead_pedal
Explorer
Explorer
we got our TV at an estate auction, a pop up camper at a church's charity auction. I would say over 3/4 of the things in our 5er came from an auction, flee market, thrift store or yard sale. If you have never been to a local indoor auction house, its like a weekly garage sale on steroids and they operate year round. These items come from abandoned storage lockers, estate items, or just people down sizing later in life. They are fun to attend even if you don't win a single bid ๐Ÿ™‚

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
paulm999 wrote:
Brand new...just used once..free...look in any dumpster at any campground in California. Here is the ultimate throw away culture. People buy new enroute to a campsite...most of the time just for one night, then everything goes in the dumpster on the way out....tents, stoves, grills, chairs, canopies, lanterns, lights, air matresses, ect ect ect.

I have seen that a number of times...

A few years ago there was a knock on my door at 9:00 on a Sunday morning. It was my next door neighbor wanting to know if I wanted some camping gear. It had rained during the night and his "first-time-ever-camping" wife was yelling, "I never want to do this again."

So he gave me his tent, sleeping bags, stove, lantern, Webber Grill, cooler, etc. All of the stuff was brand new and some of it had never been used.

Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

paulm999
Explorer
Explorer
Brand new...just used once..free...look in any dumpster at any campground in California. Here is the ultimate throw away culture. People buy new enroute to a campsite...most of the time just for one night, then everything goes in the dumpster on the way out....tents, stoves, grills, chairs, canopies, lanterns, lights, air matresses, ect ect ect.

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
Coleman lanterns, Coleman stoves, left handed vreeble schnitzers, tents, lawn chairs, camp stools, screen house...

The list is almost endless.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

PSU1999
Explorer
Explorer
All the time! Flea market, Goodwill and garage sale are the best. I have found clip on cipa towing mirrors for $5 each, lots of tupperware, area rugs, lawn chairs, tools, a sewer hose support, blue tote tank, you name it. If there is something special you're looking for just be persistent...it will show up eventually.
Me - PSU 1999
Wife - Also PSU 1999
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2026
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2029
Twin Daughters - Hopefully PSU 2033
2015 Keystone Summerland 2980 BH TT
2007 Chevy Suburban TV

smile2camp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't go to many rummage sales, but I do go to thrift store. Great place to get cooking supplies. Some things I've gotten are: electric frying pan, metal sticks for roasting hot dogs/ marshmallows, full set of utensils, lamp for dining table, electric hot pot for heating water, small dish drainer, etc.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Hockeytchr wrote:
Nice find on the hubcaps, they are exactly like the ones that were on my Dad's 1976 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Station Wagon......

And my co-worker said they are Oldsmobile hubcaps. :C

Hockeytchr
Explorer
Explorer
Nice find on the hubcaps, they are exactly like the ones that were on my Dad's 1976 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Station Wagon......
2015 Keystone Hideout 38fqds
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29mv
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercrew
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercab
2005 Club Car
2009 Polaris Ranger Crew
2015 Polaris RZR 900S
1995 17' Gilgetter Pontoon

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Last Sunday, I bought 4 hubcaps for my Class B. 10 bucks for all four! They were purchased at an indoor flea market.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to mention that in the summer of 2009, I bought a foldup picnic table such as this for 10 bucks.