cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brake buddy/CRV issue

ATOMICPUNK
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I have a 2012 Honda CRV with a Brake buddy system. Recently I was having issues with my CRV in which the traction control light and steering warning lights went on. I took the car to Honda 4 times to fix the problem and finally they said it was the BB wiring that was causing the issue. They allegedly disconnected it and I was still having the issue. Went back to Honda and it was fixed it they never put back the wiring for the BB. Now I have to go back to CW where it was installed and hopefully they can figure out this mess. Has anyone here had a issue like this? :?

thanks
Big Pig Racing
2012 Allegro Red 38QBA
14 REPLIES 14

ATOMICPUNK
Explorer
Explorer
CW fixed the issue, no charge. They took out a relay switch that wasn't needed?
Big Pig Racing
2012 Allegro Red 38QBA

ATOMICPUNK
Explorer
Explorer
Going to CW, Wednesday, will post if problem is resolved
Big Pig Racing
2012 Allegro Red 38QBA

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
The 2012 might be different, but Honda left one of the red lenses empty on both sides on the 2006, so wiring those was great
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
Wireless lights sounded like a great idea until I saw the price. Yikes!!!!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
harbor freight runs magnetic lights on sale for under $20.00. hard wired.
bumpy

et2
Explorer
Explorer

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
pplmotorhomes.com (parts dept) I ran wiring from front of CRV to the back storage area so I can plug in mag lights without running the wires along the outside of the CRV, did the same with our Jeep GC when we had it as a toad. The wireless ones sound like a good idea if I need to replace my wired ones. Dick looks like etrailer.com has wireless

gcooker
Explorer
Explorer
Not to steel OP thread, where did you get your magnetic lights?
2013 Baystar 3302 "Shiny" 2013 CRV toad

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
ATOMICPUNK wrote:
It was for the brake lights
The brake buddy controls your lights? All mine does is push the pedal and they come on
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I second not using the wired lights. On our new Cheokee I would not splice the wires for diodes. Bought some wireless magnetic rechargable lights. They work great and no wire problems. They'll go on any car. Toss them on top plug it the transmitter and go.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ATOMICPUNK wrote:

it is their fault you had problems.
bumpy

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like CW wired the lights wrong, not surprised. I use magnetic LED lights on my 2013 CRV. Question, did the problem happen when you were driving the CRV or towing it? Dick

ATOMICPUNK
Explorer
Explorer
Big Pig Racing
2012 Allegro Red 38QBA

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
don't know what wiring changes were needed for your brake buddy. mine just got power by plugging into a cigarette lighter(actually a small jump start battery)with the breakaway switch running up to the front where it tied into the receiver of the MH.
are you talking about somebody wiring the lights on the toad, messing around with diodes, etc.? that is why I always used aux. lighting and didn't cut into the toad system.
bumpy