cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Considering the Andersen Weight Distribution Hitch

BeerBrewer
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering purchasing Andersen's Weight Distribution Hitch with my new (used) TT. I like it because it is light weight, simple to hook-up and unhook and it's supposed to provide weight distribution and remove bounce and sway.

Those of you that have owned/used the Andersen hitch did it work well for you? Meaning did it transfer enough wt forward, did it remove/reduce the sway, did it remove bounce, did it hold up?

I've read so much conflicting info on the hitch. I've read people complaining that it doesn't really distribute enough weight forward, that it didn't hold up well. I've also read that its better for lighter trailers, some said its better for heavy. I'm just confused!

I'm close to picking out a small lite TT (our first) and I'm definitely planning upon using a anti-sway WDH with it. As you know some WDHs can be quite heavy and that could impact the TT I buy because my truck only can handle 700 lbs of tongue wt.

Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve used one this summer for my Lance 2295 pulled by an F150. I think it works well. Their customer service is generally good. The thing is - Iโ€™ve had to contact them too many times. Iโ€™m on my third plastic insert in one summer, and the current one is cracked and needs replaced. The inserts are sent quickly and free, and Iโ€™ve gotten down the procedure for changing the inserts down pat. I love that the hitch is silent and fairly easy to set up and take down. It works exactly as advertised. I just wish theyโ€™d come up with a good long term solution for hr plastic insert. BTW, the hitch is designed and made in the USA (Idaho, specifcally). I like supporting local jobs when possible.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've never used one either, but have done a lot of reading on them and listened to others about them. For smaller light-weight trailers they work very well. But once you reach that trailer weighing 7000 pounds or more, they are just not stout enough.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
In my opinion - and I do not have one nor have I ever used one but have read extensively on them since day one when they came out - I think that the Andersen hitch would work fine on the size trailer you are considering. I would not use one on a large trailer with a heavy tongue weight.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine