cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Declining interest in RVing?

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if anyone else experiences this from time to time. I am 73, still healthy and active and we have RV'd 1 way or the other for 44 years; now in a 30 ft. Class C. Like the RV just fine but I find myself a little bit questionning how interested I am now in continuing. Certainly the "excitement" about upcoming trips is gone and has been replaced by moderate interest or a concern about what we would do in place of it. We will leave mid-Jan to snowbird for 2 months. Part of the issue is how much more money we would have to go without RV maintenance and going to 1 vehicle. Also, a simpler life. Quitting would be a pretty big decision because I don't see us ever spending the money to get back in at our age. But, so far, most trips turn out pretty good so I guess we will just go on trip by trip, season by season. Just venting a little.
Jayco-noslide
76 REPLIES 76

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Do you like rallies/rv groups? Is there a variety of places you visit each time or do you tend to go to the same places? These are obvious questions but they may shed some light on it. We actually tend to visit most places the same all the time..we're ok with that because we always have fun. We like to walk around parks and try to talk with people about their rigs, where they're from, etc. We get out in the rv at least once a month for a week or more every time...mostly at a place within 40 minutes of the house...very economical and yet fun. Our rig is the source of my sanity and actually helps me appreciate our stationary home as well after we get back from a trip.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can reinvigorate yourself by going to new places. As for the money, can't help you there.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman