cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grounds maintenance- janitorial volunteers

Ranger_Routhier
Explorer
Explorer
Volunteer works 20 hour/week per person in exchange for free river front RV pad with hook ups, paid utilities, garbage, and propane. Please feel free to call or email with any questions. We are the Natural Resources Management Office for the Lower Granite Lock and Dam, located in eastern Washington.
Apply here:
https://www.volunteer.gov/s/volunteer-opportunity/a09t0000009Vz6UAAS/lower-granite-dam-project-janitorialgrounds-maintenance
5 REPLIES 5

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Wow, how much do the sites normally run?

20hr per week at $15/hr works out to around $1300/month (I realize the corp sites usually have a 2 week limit).
And I get absolutely nothing for the hours I volunteer at the animal shelter. Well nothing but the satisfaction of doing something I feel is important. The whole concept of "Volunteering" is based on doing something beneficial without pay. A free site with utilities in a great location is a pretty good added benefit for a volunteer position.

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a nice spot for someone!
Sometimes pay is NOT the most important part of taking the job...

Ranger_Routhier
Explorer
Explorer
Also, all of our volunteers have lived on site for 1-3 years, depending on their contract renewals. They love what they do and where they live!

Ranger_Routhier
Explorer
Explorer
Our volunteer village is for Corps Volunteers only, no paid camping by the public in this area. It is located at Swallows Park/ Marina in Clarkston, WA.
If you are interested in seeing pictures or have further questions, please email me at the following address:
Lisa.A.Routhier@usace.army.mil

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wow, how much do the sites normally run?

20hr per week at $15/hr works out to around $1300/month (I realize the corp sites usually have a 2 week limit).
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV