cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hitches

WAYNEMUNSON1954
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought roadwarrior toy hauler I pull gooseneck trailers 2 to 3 days a week I do not want to change to a fifth wheel hitch in my truck. it's to much trouble to change out all the time I am looking at a gooseneck hitch made by Anderson which has the aluminum frame and gooseneck ball attachment to fit my pin box on rv. This seems to be the best one on market for my type of situation. does anyone out there have this type hitch in there truck? And how do u like it?
Thanks for any input on this subject
Wayne m
4 REPLIES 4

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
gkainz wrote:
If you search these forums for Andersen, you'll find a fair number of posts regarding their hitches. I don't believe you'll find one single post from anyone who owns and uses one that has anything negative to say about it.

We've had ours for 3 years and are very happy with it.

This!! I've read a bunch of posts of people bagging on them, but none of them have used one. Just the old "I don't see how a 35 pound box can be as strong as a 150 pound hitch". I just bought one with my toy hauler last week and I've already towed about 1,000 miles. The Anderson ultimate is the only way I'd go. I have read a few stories of the hitch crumpling the bed under very heavy loads. So keep that in mind, although I'm not worried about it.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
If you search these forums for Andersen, you'll find a fair number of posts regarding their hitches. I don't believe you'll find one single post from anyone who owns and uses one that has anything negative to say about it.

We've had ours for 3 years and are very happy with it.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please don't confuse the Andersen Ultimate hitch system with a gooseneck hitch - it is not a gooseneck adapter. It merely anchors to the truck with your existing gooseneck ball. True gooseneck adapters have a vertical "pole" that attaches to the pinbox on the trailer. Gooseneck adapters usually void your frame warranty on the RV and put stresses on the trailer that can severely damage the pin box and trailer frame.

The Andersen system is an excellent choice. We towed our first 10,000 miles full-timing with one and loved it. The only reason it didn't make the transition to our new (to us) F350 is that our RV dealer couldn't get the "picture frame" adapter for the Ford puck system in time. We had to bite the bullet and buy a new hitch to fit the OEM Ford system. PullRite now has a similar system ("UltraLite" maybe) that is the same concept. Either hitch would be a good solution for you.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015