cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Invisibrake in Fiat 500

Chevytrkr
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having the Invisibrake installed in my Fiat 500 Pop. I hear this is the easiest supplemental brake system on the market. I had an EvenBrake in my Equinox which I hated. When towing my Fiat (manual transmission) does the key still need to be in the ignition with the transmission in neutral. Just wondering if the steering will work if the key is not in the ignition in the ACC position.
Rich & Anne
SW Louisiana

2014 Fleetwood Storm 28F
2013 Fiat 500 Pop
4 REPLIES 4

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Sit in the car and turn the wheel a couple of turns with no key in the ignition. If it turns there is not a locking steering shaft. If you can't turn it then you need to use the ACC.

When I got my Subaru I tried turning the wheel and it looked like it was non locking. Then I turned it again a little further and guess what, yup it locked so I need to use the ACC in my Subie when I tow it.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

brownedog
Explorer
Explorer
check this out

http://www.motorhome.com/top-stories/the-italian-job-fiat-returns-to-the-us/

this states the key must be in the ignition to unlock the steering wheel.

brownedog
Explorer
Explorer
I too am wondering does the key still need to be in the ignition with the transmission in neutral. Also wondering if the steering will work if the key is not in the ignition in the ACC position. I will be towing a 2013 Fiat Lounge manual transmission. I thought I read somewhere on a forum that it didn't and without the ACC on you didn't rack up the miles while the car is being towed... did you come up with anything more since you posted this ?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ever consider ReadyBrake?
I'm just curious if the Invisibrake is easier to install and use.