cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is anyone towing a Chrysler minivan?

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a really nice 2008 Town and Country Limited. I know that the owner's manual says that it is not towable 4 down, but Remco offers a lube pump and other items needed for towing that vehicle.

Does anyone have any experience towing one of these with a transmission lube pump installed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy
2 REPLIES 2

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you busyguy for your input.

I wonder if anyone has put a lube pump on a later model T&C with the 6 speed transmission. I read somewhere that there might be problems using the Remco pump on the 2008 and newer models with the 6 speed trans.
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
I towed a 1997 Chrysler T&C for about 40,000 miles using the remco pump. When I sold the van I bought a 2004 PT Cruiser and took the pump off the van and installed it on the Cruiser. Which I am still towing. The original pump lasted a few more years and then started leaking. Bought a new one and no more problems. The only problem I had with the pump was finding a place to mount it in the engine compartment. Finally took the inside wheel well cover off the left front and mounted it there. Remco sells a bracket for the Cruiser but I don't know about the van.
I did all the work myself and its not hard. Just follow the directions and you will be fine. The van towed fine.