cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new truck

hitchikerman
Explorer
Explorer
I upgraded last November from a 2004 Duramax crew cab to a 2013 Duramax extended cab got all the stuff done like spray in bed liner and new bed rails for fifth wheel hitch...etc. My question is what should I expect in towing difference from a crew cab to a extended cab?
5 REPLIES 5

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I went from a 99 F250 short box extended cab to a 2012 crew cab F250 short box. noticed no difference, except that maybe it required a larger field to turn the crew cab around in. Towing seemed the same.

Bedlam
The wheelbase will be 1' shorter and allow you cut sharper. If this is on a short bed, you will need to make sure that the FW does not contact the cab with these tighter turns.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
hitchikerman wrote:
well it's just the wife and I and occasionally the grandkids but there small I was wondering more about the towing the fifth wheel.

If cab size is the only change, it would slightly incrae your payload and towing capacity, because, the new vehicle weighs less.

Other changes, such as torque, HP, gear ratio, aerodynamics, etc, could have an effect on towing performance.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

hitchikerman
Explorer
Explorer
well it's just the wife and I and occasionally the grandkids but there small I was wondering more about the towing the fifth wheel.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not much, except the passengers in the back seat will be cramped.