cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Northeast Washington Campground Host Positions

Kyle_DNR
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone interested in being a campground host in Northeast Washington for the Department of Natural Resources? We will be accepting applications until the sites are occupied. Hosts will open and close gates, pick up litter, sweep out outhouses & register campers. These are not paid positions but provide a place to call home for the warm seasons. Host will need to fill out an application and pass a background check.

Douglas Falls Campground, Sheep Creek Campground, and Skookum Creek Campground are campgrounds that do not have hosts. See link below to Northeast Region Recreation Site. Douglas Falls Campground is the only open host site with water, power, septic, phone, & electricity. If anyone is interested, I have a PDF with pictures of the other campgrounds.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wastatednr/sets/72157630843694668/

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/RecreationEducation/Topics/OpenClosureNotices/Pages/amr_northeast_region_rec.a...

Anyone interested or have any questions can contact me by phone at 509-685-2719 or by e-mail at mailto:kyle.pomrankey@dnr.wa.gov

Thanks,

Kyle
7 REPLIES 7

Kyle_DNR
Explorer
Explorer

Kyle_DNR
Explorer
Explorer
Campground host filled at Douglas Falls Campground. I am looking for a campground host for Dragoon Creek Campground which is located 14 miles north of Spokane, Washington. Below is a link to pictures. The host site has water, sewer, electricity, & phone. If anyone is interested e-mail me or call me @ 509-685-2719.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wastatednr/sets/72157630546715736/

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle_DNR
Explorer
Explorer
A 40 foot RV would fit into Douglas Falls Campground host site. I will try and get a picture of the host site added to the flicker page.

Kyle_DNR
Explorer
Explorer
Dates usually vary depending on weather and snow conditions. Usually we like to have a host in most locations from May to September. A host could be in as early as April and as late as November.

Kyle_DNR
Explorer
Explorer
New to the site and did not look close enough at all the places to post the topic. I beleive that a 40' would fit at Douglas Falls Campground, but I would have to check to make sure. Douglas Falls Campground has power, water, sewer, phone, small pump house with limited storage, and a concrete pad. The other sites listed above do not have any amenities other than a water hand pump and outhouses. This year we will be reconstructing Sherry Creek Campground which is near the Little Pend Oreille ORV trail system. It will have many of the amenities like Douglas Falls. I will take note of all questions, take pictures, and go through the campgrounds this season and try and have a good information page for next season.

sharibartling
Explorer
Explorer
What are the dates? Are there any hookups?? Water, sewer, electricity?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You posted this in the wrong forum...it should be in Workamping. Hope the Moderator moves it for you as you'll get a lot more response.
Also, can big rigs (40') get into these campgrounds including ease of driving the campground roads (trees/sharp turns)?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel