cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing convection/microwave

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
My convection/microwave has konked out on me so I'm looking to replace but having trouble finding a suitable model. Since it will be mounted BENEATH cabinets I need one with a front exhaust but cannot find one to save my soul. Any recommendations?
Paul & Margie
5 REPLIES 5

MrWizard
EXACTLY

because the 'display models' in the big box store
almost all will be displayed as rear vent
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most if not all will have options for top, back, and front exhaust. It is a matter of how the fan is installed, before installing the unit.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Besides the size, different models are vented differently. You should replace it with one that vents the same way your original did.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
When our microwave convection combo went out on our rig it was quite difficult to find an exact replacement since it was discontinued. Found the newer model after significant time researching online, it turned out to be a direct replacement and was much improved from our stock version.

With a bit of diligence I found a great deal and it fit perfectly. We love our microwave convection oven, they really do great job once we learned how to utilize their many automated features. Currently looking for our next rig, hoping this option is available although I can always retrofit later.

MrWizard
why, is there a size problem

lots of under cabinet options, most come with or have kits for front exhaust

when i replaced the GE MW/convection in the Safari the new GE could be configured for rear vent or front exhaust, it was no problem to setup and install

i tool a tape measure and went to home depot found the correct size GE MW and bought it
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s