cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RM Even Brake vs BO Patriot

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have always trailered our trail jeep behind our truck camper/F350 DRW, but now we have a stock 2015 Jeep Rubicon that we plan on flat towing.

I'm looking at two different supplemental brake systems and wonder if anyone has any comments on one vs the other.

Roadmaster Even Brake RM9400
and
Blue Ox Patriot BRK2012 (I'm leaning towards this one).

I've never flat towed before, so this supplemental braking is new to me. I assume nobody make one that would operate with my Ford factory brake controller that worked very well with my electric trailer brakes?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
BradW
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
16 REPLIES 16

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Smartbrake will work with your Ford brake controller. I think it may be the only one that will.

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
The only bad things I have heard about the BlueOx system is how slow it responds. Since your Rubicon is a pretty heavy vehicle, I would want something that is going to apply the brakes now, if needed.

I don't know anything about the Roadmaster, but you might want to look at the RVi Brake. It was developed by the same guy who invented the Brake Buddy and tends to have a very good reputation. It's also smaller, sets on the floor, and is very portable.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit