cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tacoma tow mirror upgrade

Bowfreak
Explorer
Explorer
Before and after photo of my tow mirror upgrade on my 2009 Tacoma. Only took about 20 minutes total and was the easiest after market upgrade I have ever done. 2 screws, pop the door panel off, unplug the power cord, and loosen 2 nuts and reverse with new mirrors. Second photo shows the mirrors in the up position as they will swing down and in when not using.

5 REPLIES 5

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Bowfreak wrote:
They are designed like the Dodge mirrors, but made for the Tacoma. No modifications are needed. It's just a plug and play. Attached is the link to the place I bought them from and the installation video.

If you watch the video you don't need to unplug the door and window wires. As soon as you pop the door panel lose from the door there is enough slack to get to the mirror plug without taking the panel completely off.

http://www.1aauto.com/2005-14-toyota-tacoma-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01106?f=688914&y=2009&video=PRODUCT_INSTALLATION_VIDEO

camp-n-family wrote:
Did you fit Ram mirrors onto your Taco? If so, good job. They are some of the better designed ones I have come across.

Here's a "Clicky" for your link:

CLICKY
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Bowfreak
Explorer
Explorer
They are designed like the Dodge mirrors, but made for the Tacoma. No modifications are needed. It's just a plug and play. Attached is the link to the place I bought them from and the installation video.

If you watch the video you don't need to unplug the door and window wires. As soon as you pop the door panel lose from the door there is enough slack to get to the mirror plug without taking the panel completely off.

http://www.1aauto.com/2005-14-toyota-tacoma-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01106?f=688914&y=2009&video=PRODUCT_INSTALLATION_VIDEO

camp-n-family wrote:
Did you fit Ram mirrors onto your Taco? If so, good job. They are some of the better designed ones I have come across.

Bowfreak
Explorer
Explorer
I will try to take some tomorrow and post.

4aSong wrote:
Nice upgrade, a few questions:
  • Can you show a picture when they are not in use.
    Manufacture of the mirrors.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Nice upgrade, a few questions:
  • Can you show a picture when they are not in use.
    Manufacture of the mirrors.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU