cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing Saturn Vue

WoodyA53
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have experience in towing a Saturn Vue? We have a Damon Daybreak and are considering towing our 2009 Saturn Vue if possible.
6 REPLIES 6

WoodyA53
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! I want to thank everyone for these replies and advice. We're pretty excited as the Saturn Vue is our second car, bought it to replace a p/u truck and it has turned out to be a real good investment. This is just one more thing to be grateful for. We are new to motor home ownership and this forum has been a great help. Thank you!

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Page 236 and up of the 2009 owners manual says the 4 wheel and all wheel drives can be flat towed BUT never over 65 mph.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I have towed our 2005 Saturn Vue for hundreds of miles. I have had zero problems. There is a specific procedure you need to go through before towing though.
I believe here is a model that used the CVT transmission that was not towable.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it lists in the owners manual under recreational towing you can. The trans is a Honda CRV type so follow the set for flat towing to the letter or you'll be replacing the trans.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Y-Guy
Saturn's were a very popular toad for RVers, the whole line up was flat tow able as I recall. A search of the archives will give you plenty of information.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Dinghy Guide for 2009.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado