cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trouble getting my Pro Pride adjusted

Bear_Ghost
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I recently installed a Pro Pride hitch to replace the old, weak and undersized Quality S dealer installed WDH. The Pro Pride feels a ton better, but I'm having trouble getting any weight distribution. I took measurements of the trailer and truck, both before and after hitching up. The PP spring bars are 1400lbs, and even set at 7-1/2" of adjustment, my truck is still sagging 2" at the rear wheels, and its 1/2" higher at the front. Its the 2" of sagg that has me concerned because my TT is nose down. I installed my PP hitch and thoroughly read the instructions before doing it. I'm sure I've got it pretty close and only need a minor adjustment, just wanted to get some input before I call Sean at Pro Pride for some advice. Hopefully some PP experts will chime in, as these hitches are unique and don't follow the same setup/adjustment steps as regular WDH hitches. Thanks for any input.
Tow Vehicle- 2002 Chevy Duramax
Trailer- 2005 30' Sandpiper Toy Hauler
3 REPLIES 3

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
You can flip it to get more height.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

Bear_Ghost
Explorer
Explorer
icanon wrote:
Did you try adjusting the adjustable hitch bar to a different height? Different hole higher and then re-adjusting the spring bars on the weight adjusting jacks.

I'd call Sean he is very accessible and very helpful.

That is the only thing I can think of trying. My spring bar links only have 3 holes and I'm in the middle hole now and it's as if I'm getting no lift or weight distribution at all. Even with my airbags at 70lbs the truck still sags. I'll adjust the links to the bottom hole and see how that works. Thanks!
Tow Vehicle- 2002 Chevy Duramax
Trailer- 2005 30' Sandpiper Toy Hauler

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try adjusting the adjustable hitch bar to a different height? Different hole higher and then re-adjusting the spring bars on the weight adjusting jacks.

I'd call Sean he is very accessible and very helpful.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!