cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using Letgo to sell rv items

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Has any body had any luck selling unused rv items on Letgo or Craigs list? How was the experience?
9 REPLIES 9

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our first moho on craigs list. It was located several hours from our home. emailed back and forth with the previous owner. Came to terms with him if the MoHo was as he described and went one weekend and picked it up. Handed him cash. Ours was a good experience.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We have sold 2 RVs on Craigslist and an Equalizer hitch system on Craigslist. We had trouble selling one of the RVs because when we first listed it, the economy was really bad. The second time we listed it, it sold within a few hours. It took about a week to sell the Equalizer. I think the first RV took about a week as well, that was about 12 years ago, so not positive on that.

We have bought and sold plenty on Craigslist. Have never been disappointed with any of those transactions.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good success selling my cast-off trailers on CL. Also my old Equal-i-zer hitch. Usually a month (or less) will do it if you have it priced fairly. Never heard of that other one you mentioned.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Bob Vaughn wrote:
SpeakEasy wrote:
"Unused RV items?" Not totally sure what you mean by this, but I recently sold a popup camper on Craigslist. It was very successful. I had a number of calls and texts, and I had two very serious buyers basically competing to be the first one there with cash in hand.

In past experience with Craigslist I learned to expect calls from scammers. Also, I prefer not to deal with e-mail through Craigslist. Craigslist, while it does "work" to connect buyers and sellers, also seems to attract a number of bottom-feeders. You have to be cautious.

-Speak

Unused items= like spare 30 amp cord, extra generator, spare 5 gallon fuel tanks, screen rooms etc.

All these things are new and unused? :B

Duplicates of what I already had...

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
SpeakEasy wrote:
"Unused RV items?" Not totally sure what you mean by this, but I recently sold a popup camper on Craigslist. It was very successful. I had a number of calls and texts, and I had two very serious buyers basically competing to be the first one there with cash in hand.

In past experience with Craigslist I learned to expect calls from scammers. Also, I prefer not to deal with e-mail through Craigslist. Craigslist, while it does "work" to connect buyers and sellers, also seems to attract a number of bottom-feeders. You have to be cautious.

-Speak

Unused items= like spare 30 amp cord, extra generator, spare 5 gallon fuel tanks, screen rooms etc.

All these things are new and unused? :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
SpeakEasy wrote:

-Speak

Unused items= like spare 30 amp cord, extra generator, spare 5 gallon fuel tanks, screen rooms etc.....

tnscoutr
Explorer
Explorer
We sold our previous trailer on Craigslist. Use the same precautions that you would for selling anything else and you should be fine.
06 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab Powerstroke
2015 Keystone Hideout 30RKDS

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I dunno about RV items but I've sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist, and bought some stuff too. Maybe I've been lucky but I've not gotten a lot of scammer responses. I only deal with email so maybe that's part of it.

The only thing I know about Letgo is that they advertise a lot on TV. That costs money so that tells me they're going to cost more than Craigslist. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB