Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tweaked my backup camera

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
[img][/img]

Backing my 6 X 10', 14' overall cargo motorcycle trailer behind our 24' Class C is quite a challenge. I cannot see it in the mirrors and I had to angle the camera down sharply to see the ball when hooking up. I solved this by replacing the sandshoe on the bottom of the tongue jack with a large urethane wheel, $30. Now, as long as I get the distance between the ball and hitch even close I can just roll the empty trailer into alignment.

I reset the camera angle to a higher trajectory and now get a good look at what the trailer is doing. Turns out that when I have backed exactly the proper distance back to the trailer the top of the diamond plate on the front of the trailer aligns perfectly with the bottom of the camera display. Could not have asked for a better alignment tool, hooray!

If anyone can fix my attempt at posting the photo above I would be ever so grateful {darned Photobucket... grrrr}

:B
2 REPLIES 2

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, Mr Wizard, how did you get that photo? Photobucket said it didnโ€™t exist when I tried and I know they deleted a whole lot of our photos.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

MrWizard
Desert Captain wrote:

Backing my 6 X 10', 14' overall cargo motorcycle trailer behind our 24' Class C is quite a challenge. I cannot see it in the mirrors and I had to angle the camera down sharply to see the ball when hooking up. I solved this by replacing the sandshoe on the bottom of the tongue jack with a large urethane wheel, $30. Now, as long as I get the distance between the ball and hitch even close I can just roll the empty trailer into alignment.

I reset the camera angle to a higher trajectory and now get a good look at what the trailer is doing. Turns out that when I have backed exactly the proper distance back to the trailer the top of the diamond plate on the front of the trailer aligns perfectly with the bottom of the camera display. Could not have asked for a better alignment tool, hooray!

If anyone can fix my attempt at posting the photo above I would be ever so grateful {darned Photobucket... grrrr}

:B

I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s