cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Volunteer Campground Hosts Needed for the Payette NF

sjenkins02
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone. My name is Susan, and I work for the Payette NF in Idaho. Our Forest is in need of volunteer hosts for several campgrounds. Below is a press release that we recently put out. A friend of mine also recommended that I post to this site, so here it is :):

McCall, Idahoโ€“ The Payette National Forest is looking for energetic, good-natured people to serve as campground hosts for the 2015 season at multiple campgrounds. The most important job of a Campground Host is to provide an enjoyable camping experience for the public. Hosts are expected to assist visitors with information about the campground and local recreation opportunities. They must work well with people, be personable and neat in appearance, and be physically able to perform the following tasks:

โ€ข Clean and stock restrooms
โ€ข Clean fire rings, picnic tables and pick up litter
โ€ข Mow and weed-eat campsites and roadways
โ€ข Maintain a Daily Visitor Log

Hosts are needed generally Memorial Day through Labor Day with a weekly schedule of Thursday through Monday, including holidays. The season length and work week may vary by site. Volunteers must provide their own self-contained trailer and generator. The Forest Service will provide a campsite with water, propane, and a subsistence allowance (may vary by site). Host campsite at the sites below do not have electric hook up (must supply own generator).

Host positions are open at the following sites on the Council and Weiser Ranger Districts: Mann Creek Campground, Spring Creek Campground, Bear Work Center, Evergreen Campground and Brownlee Campground. Please contact Matthew Nourmohamadian at 208-549-4232 for more information.

Host positions are open at the following sites on the New Meadow and McCall Ranger Districts: Cold Springs Campground and Upper Payette Lake Campground. Please contact Andrew Peterson at 208-634-0440 for more information.

For more information about the Payette National Forest , please visit: http://www.fs.usda.gov/payette/
0 REPLIES 0