cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping in the smokies

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at where to camp in the gatlinburg tn area....I love cosby and elkmont cause we are going to do alot of hiking but alot of the campgrounds in the park have no electricity... dont have a generator. maybe we should look to get one but anyway does anybody know of a good campground with elec hookups that is resonable priced and a nice campground not to crowded and trashy
:W
7 REPLIES 7

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
we went last weekend and ended up staying at elkmont after keep on logging on reserve america and finally getting a spot, absolutley loved it, not power or water but still it was amazing, the trails in the campground were great they went along little river and by a old logging community with old condemned little houses...will go back...also anyone who hikes alum cave bluffs was awesome...the eye of the needle and hearing the peregrine falcons...pigeon forge and gatlinburg was bumper to bumper dont like that just stay in the woods...
:W

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
whwaldrep wrote:
We have a trip planned to Pine Mountain RV Park in Pigeon Forge in July. It looks nice on there website.

Good choice, you will like Pine Mountain. Close to everything. Nice pool and one of the best and cleanest shower/bathroom facilities I have seen at a RV park.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1

mister_d
Explorer
Explorer
We just stayed at Townsend KOA. Awesome playground, great sites on the river, and they had a pool. We were within an hour of all the great hikes.
Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

whwaldrep
Explorer
Explorer
We have a trip planned to Pine Mountain RV Park in Pigeon Forge in July. It looks nice on there website.
2011 FORD F350 CREWCAB 6.7L DRW
ProPride 3P Sway Control Hitch
2014 Zinger ZT39BH
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger GO/MOBILE
8G8D-Deka 265 Ah Deep Cycle GEL Battery

jaycoj1208
Explorer
Explorer
If you have children going along we like the Jellystone park in Gatlinburg. Very nice rates was more than fair and not crowded to badly in my opinion. The campground is right on the boarder of TN & NC.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Cove Mountain RV Resort is listed as Sevierville but is closer to Townsend and the entrance to the park. Reasonable rates. We drove by a month ago and only a few people there. Almost 10 miles from Sevierville. We stayed at Cove Creek RV Park closer to Sevierville. More expensive but a nice park and easy drive to the park. About 7 miles from Sevierville. Either park would be very quiet.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Nola_Campers
Explorer
Explorer
On our honeymoon we tent camped in Elkmont and then stayed in a cabin at Tremont Hills. I don't know much about the campsites, but I think there are some RV spots on Little River. When we revisit the Smokies every few years Tremont always looks well kept.
http://www.tremontcamp.com/
Tremont is located a stones throw from the Townsend park entrance, nearest Cades Cove. We love Townsend..."the quiet side of the Smokies".