cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for great camping in Ohio

Claymom1
Explorer
Explorer
Family of four from IL is looking for a fun last minute trip to Ohio. Ideas?
11 REPLIES 11

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
It really depends on what you want. For hiking and scenery, try Hocking Hills SP, or any of the other parks in Hocking County.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
Type in camping in the state, that should do it , happy-camping

KFS
Explorer
Explorer
Mohican and adjacent. My son went and still raves about it. Lots to do.

OliverMiguel
Explorer
Explorer
The Sauder village is worth visiting..

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We just camped at the Thousand Trails park in Jefferson, OH (far eastern end). My aunt came from just outside of Chicago, in Indiana to join us. It's a quiet campground and not a whole lot of activities, but the pool is clean and they have a small lake for canoeing around on.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

jaycoj1208
Explorer
Explorer
Loudonville area is very nice we like to stay at Mohican Adventures or if you are a C2C member Wally World Riverside Resort is clean. If your travels bring you into the state around Labor Day then the battle of Lake Erie is going on.

Margaritaville
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to check out Sauder Village in northwest Ohio. They have a nice small campground convenient to the Pionee Village. Nice indoor swimming at the lodge. A great place to visit!

cinscope
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Cedar Point recommendation. There is a world-class amusement park there.

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
We just camped at Barkcamp State Park near Wheeling. There is a beach and fishing pier.

Great trails for hiking and biking - nearby St. Clairsville has the National Road Bikeway http://ohiobikeways.net/national.htm

An Underground Railroad museum is close by. We went to Cabelas for some gear.

Another place we like is Oak Hill Campground in Wayne National Forest near Ironton.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

ronfisherman
Couple of fun places that I have visited. Sandusky, Cedar Point area and Mohican State park near Loudenville, OH.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

rynox
Explorer
Explorer
Claymom1 wrote:
Family of four from IL is looking for a fun last minute trip to Ohio. Ideas?

Only place in Ohio I've camped is Harrison Lake State Park. It's fine, but there's nothing to do in the area. 1 hour drive from the Toledo Zoo.

If you are not too attached to going all the way to Ohio, you could try Ouabache State Park (Pronounced "Wabash State Park") in Indiana. They have a pool and water slide, Buffalo, and some other things to do.