cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cushings

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Does anyone have a dog with Cushings? My 10-year old wheaton Scottie is being tested today. She goes in at 7:30 for the low-dex test.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
16 REPLIES 16

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
rockhillmanor wrote:
Not a dog but I had a horse with Cushings.

There is a good group list for cushing dogs. Do a google search for yahoo groups. You will find real great advice from owners who have cushing dogs.

I kept my horse alive for over 10 years with cushings which is unheard of with horses, all based on advice I received from the cushings horse group on line. Even my vets were amazed.

Thanks for the info, rockhillmanor. An internet group is how I was able to make my seizure dog with cerebellar abiotrophy more comfortable in his late years. He lived to be 13 1/2, so I'm hoping to become educated about Butterscotch's condition. I'm just unsure that her symptoms point to this, but the vet was pretty emphatic. This is not my regular vet, but one we see when we are in Texas for the winter. Her biggest symptoms are UTI's that we cannot get healed. We are on the 4th antibiotic. Knowing the high incidence of bladder cancer in Scotties, I am worried, But she had an ultrasound this summer that showed nothing unusual in the entire urinary tract. She is such a sweet, sweet dog. Very mellow, but doesn't do much now except eat and sleep. My other Scottie who has been raised with her since birth often lays right next to her most of the day. Hoping to get her some help.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Not a dog but I had a horse with Cushings.

There is a good group list for cushing dogs. Do a google search for yahoo groups. You will find real great advice from owners who have cushing dogs.

I kept my horse alive for over 10 years with cushings which is unheard of with horses, all based on advice I received from the cushings horse group on line. Even my vets were amazed.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.