cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dakota The Wonder Dog In Dreamland

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Hurting a bit and can't sleep so I'll practice boredom and bouncing keys.
Walked by Dakota a bit ago he was sound asleep with a toothy grin. He heard me enter the den area and coked one eye open. I could just hear him, since this was the upteenth time out of the bedroom " would you go to bed so I can get some sleep." Old Heathen's been listening to my wife again. Sound just like her.
Since we let him in he sleeps through the night. Unusual since he was up barking at or harrassing the deer and coons most nights two or ten times. Now that he is now off duty as night watch I expect to hear Donner andd Blitzen, on the porch, any time, come for some dog food. Thhe coons are getting a possee together to tackle Garfield asleep on the swing. Ground is now freshly turned from their plowing all night, outside our bedroom window and all the strawberries are staining their mouths red. Bet their buddies think they are trying lipstick.
Dakota won't sleep much on his big old round bed, that is about like a huge feather tick, except in the day. He is curled up in Sassy's paddded bed tighter than a ball of string since it is so small.
eep thinking I may have to use the broom handle to get him unlocked in the morning.
Sassie is sleeping with head on one of wife's little pillows behind the bedroom door. Accidently kicked across the pantry earlier and now she's located a safe place sure I won't step on her there. Wouldn't have sent her looking for a pool pocket if wife didn't insist on turning every light off right behind me and right before I go into a room. Takes forever to come up to light enough to see my feet.
Anywho Dakota really get to sleep all he wants now. he is dreaming about chasing someone's cat or a deer as you can see him grin while sleeping. Hope he doesn't start laughing or barking in pursuit.
The other night, my twin Sisters were down to look after wife after first surgery. They slept in the one guest room They couldn't sleep. The table lamp kept coming on. They slept, down ,in the den area, on the floor. Dakota sat, at heel, all night over them. They were impressed. So was I.
I have to watch because he will knock me over slipping past going out or in with me. He ain't letting me get too far away. Sometimes I open the door and he is first out and looking back at me. he wants to go for a walk. Can't do much of that now. he likes to go down to the little spring and creek and run up and own it splashing water.
He comes out and flings it all over me and will do it as many times as he finds joy in it.
Lte so I'll head back to bed. I might be one leg shot if I disturb him again. Naw he is deep in sleep and grinning.
2 REPLIES 2

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
64thunderbolt wrote:
exciting evening. Now GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1, may be you shouldn't have drank that 5 hour energy drink so late in the day! .... :B

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
exciting evening. Now GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp