cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fence for Dog

sltrawick
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new puppy (mini dachshund) that we are going to start camping with in our Class C motorhome. We will need a pet fence that will go around the mat on the ground and also around the motorhome so he wonโ€™t go under it.

What do you use for a fence? And how do you fix it so it goes underneath the steps?
Sharon-ME
Cameron-DH
Bella-14 - Dachshund/Chihuahua Mix-Chiweenie) Crossed the Rainbow bridge July 1, 2021
Rocko - 4 months - Mini Dachshund
Panama City, FL
FSU SEMINOLES

2013 Class C Fleetwood Jamboree
9 REPLIES 9

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good point and your correct! Always check to be sure....
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
One other quick note, some campgrounds limit the height of your doggie pen to 24" ....just for info.

Also, some campgrounds do not allow them at all. I watched a poor soul meticulously set out a very nice "play yard" for his 4 legged companions; only to be told by the campground staff to remove it as it was not allowed. After some less than civil conversation, they were told to leave.
Make sure to check first.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of different ways to handle the under stairs opening. I've used plastic lattice cut to fit, a piece of plywood that can slip between back of step and wedge between RV Body, I've used a piece of hardware fabric(think chicken wife but smaller openings and stiff)....this works fairly well because you can re shape/fold it depending on distance between ground and stairs! In a pinch you can use those plastic jack pads with a little ingenuity....lol.

One other quick note, some campgrounds limit the height of your doggie pen to 24" ....just for info.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

sltrawick
Explorer
Explorer
IDman wrote:
Petsmart and other pet suppliers sell folding metal pens that can be set up in many different shapes to suit your needs. Have used one for years with great success.

Thanks so much!!!
Sharon-ME
Cameron-DH
Bella-14 - Dachshund/Chihuahua Mix-Chiweenie) Crossed the Rainbow bridge July 1, 2021
Panama City, FL
FSU SEMINOLES

sltrawick
Explorer
Explorer
RoyF wrote:
Look up Midwest Exercise Pen. We got ours at Petsmart. It can be set up outside, or inside if you have enough space.

thanks, going to look it up now
Sharon-ME
Cameron-DH
Panama City, FL
FSU SEMINOLES

sltrawick
Explorer
Explorer
chindog wrote:
We have used metal exersize pensl for many years. We extend them around the patio to create our own play yard. To keep the pups from going under the steps, I made a thing out of lattice from the hardware store where I cut out slots that fit around the step frames.

Perfect, that is exactly what I was looking for. Lattice, what a great idea. Do you put the fencing around the bottom of the camper as well or the lattice?
Sharon-ME
Cameron-DH
Panama City, FL
FSU SEMINOLES

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
We have used metal exersize pensl for many years. We extend them around the patio to create our own play yard. To keep the pups from going under the steps, I made a thing out of lattice from the hardware store where I cut out slots that fit around the step frames.

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Look up Midwest Exercise Pen. We got ours at Petsmart. It can be set up outside, or inside if you have enough space.

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
Petsmart and other pet suppliers sell folding metal pens that can be set up in many different shapes to suit your needs. Have used one for years with great success.