cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furminator

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
I hope some of you'all are online. Because Petsmart will be open in an hour, and Pops was thinking of purchasing a Furminator to use on me.

However, before I give or tell Pops where I hid the keys to our Jeep. I wanted to ask your opinions, as well as most importantly how safe or dangerous is it.

I mean does Pops need certain skill set to operate it properly, e.g. 20/20 vision, good eye hand coordination, make sure he didn't drink coffee before hand, you know stuff like that.

Thanks,

Calvin
22 REPLIES 22

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Our ACD was shedding really bad. When we were in Vegas we took him over to Petsmart and they bathed him. It did help. We wanted to see how it worked before we bought the solution. They did the complete SPA day for $72. Plus we had a dog sitter for the day. Yahooo!!!!!!!

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
RRBob wrote:
I found with my Huskies, you want to use it outdoors on a windy day and wear a face mask, the fur is going to be flying everywhere!

So does the Furminator pull the fur out? If it does, that gonna hurt no?

Calvin

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:
Calvin,
Tell pops to save his money. My dad and sister got one for me, it didn't work that good. They then got a hair brush, it works a lot better. I like it because it tickles a little and get to those tough to reach scratch spots.

Bliss

P.S. Bury the keys in the back yard.

Don't worry Bliss, thanks! No worries, where I hid the keys, Pops ain't nevur gonna find it! He's actually standing outside scratching his head wondering where he thugh he left it! ... :B

So it didn't work so good. Wonder if they used it correctly (may be didn't have that certain skill set. Now I'm getting kindah worried), but Go Dogs said it worked real good?

Calvin

RRBob
Explorer
Explorer
I found with my Huskies, you want to use it outdoors on a windy day and wear a face mask, the fur is going to be flying everywhere!

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Calvin,
Tell pops to save his money. My dad and sister got one for me, it didn't work that good. They then got a hair brush, it works a lot better. I like it because it tickles a little and get to those tough to reach scratch spots.

Bliss

P.S. Bury the keys in the back yard.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Go Dogs wrote:
I LOVE the furminator. My Mastiff likes it, too. I do not recommend it for very thin coated dogs. Be prepared to remove a garbage bag of fur from their winter coat. Check Amazon for prices. Calvin, you will love it too!

OK thanks for the quick reply! But you sure Pops don't need no special set of skills to use the Furminator? Pops ain't the most coordinated guy, nor the sharpest knife in the drawer you know.

Calvin

bigdogger
Explorer
Explorer
Pure torture and it usually comes on the heals of being drowned in bathwater and humiliated by a teeth brushing. But I do feel and look really great when it's done. BIGDOGGER

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
I LOVE the furminator. My Mastiff likes it, too. I do not recommend it for very thin coated dogs. Be prepared to remove a garbage bag of fur from their winter coat. Check Amazon for prices. Calvin, you will love it too!