cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Louie is here to stay (of course)

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
I have received a few private messages and e-mails about how our newest rescued dog is doing. You know I said we were taking him on a "trial basis"... well that trial ended about three hours after his foster mom brought him to us.

He and Bella LOVE each other. They play & sleep together, as well as gnaw on and groom each other. Having a playmate is a good thing.

Here are some pictures:

Our Louie Lou:

The night he arrived:

Louie & Bella after his first trip to our groomer. She said he is a "dream to groom" just like Bella. Good boy Louie!

Last one.... me with a lap full of dogs on that same first night :B

Yes, I believe it was meant to be. Louie has a touch of separation anxiety that we are working on. We purchased a new larger wire crate that he and Bella stay in while I am at my part time job. He runs right in with her every morning. It seems to help that he has her with him and I think she enjoys the company.

Our vet says he has healed nicely from his eye removal, neuter and hernia surgeries. His remaining eye is healthy so there shouldn't be any issues with that in the near future.

Louie has found his forever home. I know now why his foster mom cried so hard when she left him. She got him through all his medical issues and had him for almost 4 months, no doubt she was as much in love with him as I am. Thank goodness for social media, she enjoys keeping up with us that way now.

If you made it this far, thanks. Can you tell we all love our newest addition? :W

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.
19 REPLIES 19

nana23
Explorer
Explorer
He is adorable and looks like he has always been part of the family. Your post made my heart sing. I have failed "foster 101" twice so now I just try to support financially - our three pups are all we can manage - haha.

Eileen
Don, Eileen and our 4-legged "kids"
Sophie, Riley and Tessa with
Taz and Cody waiting at the Rainbow Bridge and always in our hearts

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
Code2High wrote:
Congrats! And um.... DUH!!! :B :B

Hey now... I used to be able to successfully foster. I've grown soft with time I guess, some parts of me more so than others.... Ha ha

Cat

Our toys:
(picture on profile)

dogdiva
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update''''louie is so cute and I am so glad he found a forever home
Elizabeth and Henry..... rescues

Crickett, Beau, Lady, Dixie, Batman, Penny, Bonnie Colleen, SouiX C, George, Willie, Pierre, Shandi. Honey, Patches ,Gumby...WAITING at the Rainbow Bridge

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! And um.... DUH!!! :B :B
susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Louie sure "cleaned up purty" didn't he? :B I agree, it looks like he's always been yours. I am glad he found you when he did. I agree on the fostering. I am sure somebody could bring me the shaggiest most pitiful dog at the shelter and in a couple of days I would love him. I always knew I couldn't foster but I did want to help a local rescue with transport and Bud wouldn't have it. He knows me too well. :W
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, puhleeze, Cat! Do you think ANY of us believed you for a minute it was a FOSTER situation? :B Congrats on your new addition. Now you know why I'll NEVER foster an animal!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. He is a cutie pie and such a sweetheart!

Reader1 wrote:
So cute. I have seen a bumper sticker that shows a puppy paw and says, "Who rescued who?" We have always rescued ours and they have provided us more than we ever gave them.

So true! We have always rescued our pets as well. I volunteer for the rescue group we adopted Louie from when I have time. So many great pets just waiting for love! Adoption changes lives, ours and theirs! :B

I truly admire the people who can foster and then let them go to their forever home when the time comes. I've proven several times that I am no good at that lately. I used to be able to do it, years ago I had a house full of fosters. In the past decade or so, we have enjoyed some of the "fosters" I brought home for the rest of their lives. It's OK with me other than my husband says "No more fosters". That is why Louie came on a "trial basis".

Thanks to all who adopt a rescued pet!

Cat

Our toys:
(picture on profile)

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
They look like they have been together forever..glad .Louies health issues are all behind him now...he will only know the feeling of being loved from now on...Kathleen

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
You are a sweetheart....dogies too!
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
AZPops wrote:
Man that's really great to hear! Congrats to all of you!

Lance and Calvin

PS you wouldn't want to foster a Lab / Mix with a picky eater sindrone would you?

Just kidding Calvin! ... :B:B:B

Congrats on the newest family member. Only 2 on your lap, geeh wait till you have 5 on your lap.

There we go again poor Calvin! Hey buddy KC Strip is served at 7:00 tonight just don't tell Pops and come on over. :B

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
That's great! So good that the two already are best buddies!

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
So cute. I have seen a bumper sticker that shows a puppy paw and says, "Who rescued who?" We have always rescued ours and they have provided us more than we ever gave them.

chrisnpat
Explorer
Explorer
They are soooo cute together Cathy. So happy for your little family.........
Christine and Patrick
Cocker Spaniels
Trevor and two Fosters Kahlua and Blossom
Life is What happens to you while your busy making plans.

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
AZPops wrote:
Man that's really great to hear! Congrats to all of you!

Lance and Calvin

PS you wouldn't want to foster a Lab / Mix with a picky eater sindrone would you?

Just kidding Calvin! ... :B:B:B

Congrats on the newest family member. Only 2 on your lap, geeh wait till you have 5 on your lap.

There we go again poor Calvin! Hey buddy KC Strip is served at 7:00 tonight just don't tell Pops and come on over. :B