cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Katy joins Jake

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Its taken over a week for me to pull it together enough to post the loss of our precious eleven year old Boxer, Lady Katydid, March 26th. She has joined her first companion Big Texas Jake at the Bridge.

Buster, our last Boxer, will hold down the fort at home and stay with our son when we travel. Katy and Jake traveled thousands of miles with us when we had the Country Coach. They were quite a pair and delighted old and young alike wherever we stayed. They loved attention and got it.

While we will cherish those memories, we can't tolerate the pain of loss any longer. You see, they were our special fur kids. We'll be traveling in the truck and fifth wheel now. Staying in one place longer, traveling less. And anyone knows Boxers like to be on the move.

We know we'll see them again. I look forward to that grand day.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.
20 REPLIES 20

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
We love traveling with our dogs, yes sometimes it can be a pain, but we love our fur babies. I have experienced loss of 2 Furbabies, it does get a little easier, I decided to get a tattoo of Diesel on my arm and that helps me out. I also have his & ladies pictures on my wall along with their collars & tags. Have fun traveling and lots of walks will help.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF 🙂 campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I've also placed a great picture of Jake and Katy as my cellphone wallpaper. You can imagine how many times each day I get to visit those sweet faces. It does help.

chele
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry for your loss.

Lucky Buster, getting to go along!
2008 GMC 3500HD Duramax, Allison and fiver friendly flatbed!
1995 26' Excel Legacy

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boxer Lovers wrote:

People who aren't dog lovers can't imagine how the loss of an animal so profoundly impacts a person who is. It';(s good to know there are animal lovers on this forum.

You know what I did? Since Ike was constantly with me (I'm lucky enough to bring my dogs to work) - and once I was over the "burst into tears" stage of his loss - I put his picture as the desktop background on my computer. Seeing him dozens of times a day feels "normal" again.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the kind words. I finally came to the realization that everything can't remind me of our loss of Katy, and Buster needs us just as much as she did.

People who aren't dog lovers can't imagine how the loss of an animal so profoundly impacts a person who is. It';(s good to know there are animal lovers on this forum.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's happy news!! I always enjoy seeing new places through my dogs' eyes - and I'm totally convinced that if someone was thinking about breaking into an RV - they WON'T bother the one with the dog in it?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear you're going to take Buster with you! Boxers like to be with their people, as you know. When we had a boxer, we always took him with us. It's amazing how small they can make themselves in the camper when they have to - and we have an Aliner - lol! Lots of long walks, romps in dog parks, when available, should help keep Buster sane.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Update. After spending time grieving and thinking of what's really best for Buster, we've decided that Buster will travel with us when we head to the mountains this summer. He'll have to make some adjustments regarding his freedom to roam, but we believe he'll be happier traveling with us.

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Buster, as were Katy and Jake, is a rescue. He's one who doesn't take to confinement well at all. He'll be a happier dog at home with his dog door that opens to to the acreage, pond, and his only animal buddy Black Cat who thinks he's a Boxer. They case each other often when they think know one is watching.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Losing our beloved pets just rips a giant hole in our hearts.... you have my deepest sympathy.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
I am sorry for your loss.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry for your loss. Does Buster not like to travel?

HTALLEN
Explorer
Explorer
I am very sorry for your loss...we are still grieving our Ziggy who died sleeping next to me on Jan8 from her cancer. Time will help.
1997 Southwind 32 VS,Banks,SafeTPlus,Bilsteins,Henderson Trac Bar
3 maniac poodles..Mozart (RIP 10/6/10),Ziggymonster,Nickolas
Honda Civic

sharibartling
Explorer
Explorer
I understand the loss. We are still grieving over losing our 12 year old German Shepherd over a year ago. Your pet knows how much you loved her.