cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pyrofest

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
I'm watching the local news. They are having something called, 'Pyrofest'. It's an over-the-top fireworks display that will last for hours. It's in a wooded park outside a residential area. All I can think of is all the birds/wildlife with babies, being scared to death. Not to mention the pets that are frightened of fireworks. I don't want to sound like a fun killer, but they use sound cannons to keep the birds from the crops. These fireworks could really disrupt the nesting birds, etc.
4 REPLIES 4

FOREVER_FREE
Explorer
Explorer
When shooting, fireworks, thunder and other loud noises occur Sarah goes to the bathroom and climbs into the tub. We put a dog pillow in it so she gets comfy. We call her our weather forecaster as she can sense a storm hours before it finally hits the area. If she heads for the bathroom and there are no other noises you can bet that a storm is on the way. The other two just wait until it starts and then want on our laps a covered by a blanket.
"BIG BOB" & DIANE:
Sarah (Greyhound), Cooper & Cocoa (Italian Greyhounds) 2005 Prowler Regal AX6 365BSQS
2005 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4, DRW, 8'bed, 6.0 P/S Diesel,
Veterans, the reason we will always be "FOREVER FREE".
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
I sure hope it doesn't disturb the wildlife. I hope no one's panicked dog runs off. I know wildlife get used to thunderstorms but prolonged bangs and gunpowder odors for hours and hours?

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Somehow, animals learn to tolerate us noisy humans..... I just hope they don't set the woods on fire!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
These fireworks could really disrupt the nesting birds, etc.

So can Mother Nature when she kicks up a good thunderstorm.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]