cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Top 10 RVing with Pet Tips

TTRV1
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, I found this really cool article about RVing with pets. Hope you guys enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

RVing With Pets
4 REPLIES 4

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
allen8106 wrote:
Here are my top ten RVing with pet tips.

1) Keep your pet on a leash.
2) Keep your pet on a leash.
3) Keep your pet on a leash.
4) Keep your pet on a leash.
5) Keep your pet on a leash.
6) Keep your pet on a leash.
7) Keep your pet on a leash.
๐Ÿ˜Ž Keep your pet on a leash.
9) Keep your pet on a leash.
10) Keep your pet on a leash.

Nothing ticks me off worse than having pet owners ignore the leash rule in a campground. My dog isn't an aggressive dog but he'll defend his turf if encroached upon. KEEP THE PET ON A LEASH PEOPLE.

X100

Had a Border Collie come at our dogs last week with the owner running after it from their camp site, yelling for it to stop..... It did not, luckily it only briefly got to go after our dogs but it may not have faired well if it had......

& Yes bring you dogs papers You never know when a trip to the emergency Vet can occur & they will make sure your pets vaccinations are up to date before they will treat them.

& no you are no to good to pick up your dogs poo......

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Here are my top ten RVing with pet tips.

1) Keep your pet on a leash.
2) Keep your pet on a leash.
3) Keep your pet on a leash.
4) Keep your pet on a leash.
5) Keep your pet on a leash.
6) Keep your pet on a leash.
7) Keep your pet on a leash.
๐Ÿ˜Ž Keep your pet on a leash.
9) Keep your pet on a leash.
10) Keep your pet on a leash.

Nothing ticks me off worse than having pet owners ignore the leash rule in a campground. My dog isn't an aggressive dog but he'll defend his turf if encroached upon. KEEP THE PET ON A LEASH PEOPLE.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like we have a winner here. Mostly common sense but some people need to be reminded Thanks for sharing
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Save a click on your mouse, here ya go!

TOP TEN RVING WITH PETS TIPS 2015

Make sure vaccinations are up-to-date.
Visit the vet before you go on your trip. Make sure your pet is current on all shots and medications. Keep a good supply of necessary pet medicines with you as you travel.

Know the park or campground pet policy.
Call ahead or look on their web site for the pet policy. Yes, the policy applies to you if you have a pet so please do the park and your fellow RVers a favor and abide by it.

Pick up after your pet.
If your pet does his business, it is your job to pick it up. Don't pretend to pick it up, really pick it up and dispose of it in a trash container. You can get pet leashes that have poop bag holders built in at any major pet supply store. Bag refills are cheaper at Walmart and even cheaper on eBay.

Have pet health records handy.
If something happens to FiFi on the road, the emergency vet you go to will want to see the pet's health records. Your vet will print them out for you so you will have them.

Keep your pet on a leash at all times.
Never let your dog run free no matter how well trained you think it is. If your dog bites someone, you can count on being sued and your dog will be impounded. For one minute of carelessness, you could lose your dog and your RV.

Keep your pet quiet!
Train your dog not to bark excessively, or at all. If you don't, you just might end up having to deal with some very disgruntled people who may not be very nice. You may also get kicked out of the park.

Do not leave your pet unattended.
You wanted to bring the pet with you, so keep it with you. If it is crate trained, it is OK to leave it INSIDE your RV if you have the A/C or heat running. If it decides to start barking the minute you leave, you may be asked to leave when you return to your RV.

Train your pet to be social and friendly.
You will encounter other animals, adults, kids and who knows what else while at a campground or RV park. Your pet should be trained to be social and friendly. If your dogs bites someone or attacks another pet, you will suddenly have legal problems like in #5.

Microchip your pet.
If your pet does get lost, a microchip will make it easier for it to be returned to you. Most veterinarian offices can scan a lost pet and look in a database for your contact info (if you keep it up-to-date). A collar can be lost or easily removed, but a chip can't.

Always keep ID and rabies tags on your pet.
Some states have very strict laws about this, so keep an ID tag with your contact info on it and also your pet's current rabies tag.

If you follow these simple tips... you, your pet and everyone you encounter will have a much better time camping. If you enjoyed this article, please share it using the Facebook, Google+ or Twitter button near the top of the page.