cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2018 Cedar Creek Fresh water holding tank issue

mps446
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Cedar creek. The fresh water tank always shows full even if empty. I know i have warranty. But i was wondering if anyone knows how that system works. If i could fix myself i rather do that then have it sit at the dealer for months anf them do a shitty repair job
4 REPLIES 4

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Sensors could be wired improperly.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
Holding tank sensors and FW tank sensors on new units are the CHEAPEST units available. Do yourself a favor and get a Seelevel system and live happily ever after.

The seelevel system is foolproof and made by a company with outstanding support, but not cheap. Very easy to install other than gaining access to the tanks. You can usually use the orignal systems wiring as you only need one wire that jumps to all the sensors then to the panel, they are addressible, and a ground location at each sensor.

The OP's issue could be anything from a fouled tank sensor although unlikely on the fresh tank, to a pinched wire, to a bad resistor on the sensor wiring harness, to a defective monitoring panel.

Its most likely either a KIB system or LCI, both operate basically the same, and both are the cheapest junk availible which is a constant in the RV industry.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Holding tank sensors and FW tank sensors on new units are the CHEAPEST units available. Do yourself a favor and get a Seelevel system and live happily ever after.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I'd take it to them in spite of the unsavory "taste" of that. Tell them you have a trip planned. This is a brand new FW. Expensive Brand New FW that should not have this issue. Can they send a mobile tech out? What an inconvenience! (telling them that!)
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton