cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 dometic ac shuts off after 5 hours

marshalljimmyco
Explorer
Explorer
ive just purchased an amazing 2019 cougar 5th wheel with the global connect system, my bedroom AC works fine, but the living room (brisk air 2 15000 btu) has been i think reseting, the weather is getting near 80 and humid in afternoons, work nights so sleep durind day, i will turn unit on in morning and it runs fine for about 5 or 6 hours(about noon every day) then it just shuts off, the command screen still shows its on, i turn off and flip breaker off then on and unit starts back up and runs fine, done it 4 times this week and 2 of those times the breaker triped, amp reading is about 12.5, all i can think is 5 hours running on a humid day the condensation is not draining, just hope its not something with that global command system, dont know how it would of surged up from 12 amps to over 20 to trip breaker those 2 times, been lots of pollen too, everything covered, so to answer 1 question i havenโ€™t opened up to check drain yet, dont trust ladder with my 250 pounds, purchased a ladder and gonna check roof this weekend
2 REPLIES 2

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
marshalljimmycougar wrote:
ive just purchased an amazing 2019 cougar 5th wheel

I think you are going to need some dealer service here.

And yes, I know that might be a problem now that you have it in use......but people need to think about what to do when service is needed. It is almost ALWAYS needed for something.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The condensate drain has nothing to do with operation of the RV roof AC. IF the drain is clogged, the overflow will just come inside the trailer.
Breaker tripping indicates a overload WAY ABOVE the amp draw of the AC. Clogged Condenser fins will cause hi amp draw. A bad compressor can also cause a slow build up of excess amps and trip the breaker, but VERY remote. Usually a Bad compressor will show up in less than 1 hour. Pollen on fins is a real concern. Doug