cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

400w inverter to entertainment center

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have done this project on other trailers but here is my problem. Inverter would be for limited use. Entertainment center is in a slide out in the middle of the trailer. Fuse panel is in the very back corner. Batteries are in front. Would be a expensive and exhausting to hard wire everything in. Thought I might alligator clip the inverter to the battery and run an extension cord the the power strip for my TV, receiver and DTV power inserter. The problem here is it would look like a cobbled up mess running the cord out and in the trailer. Any ideas?

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS
7 REPLIES 7

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
My MH TV uses 72W, SWM brick 72W and HR44 DTV receiver 240W or 384W total. Or about 32AH battery draw.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
MrWizard wrote:
Post #2
2old man has it right
Water heater on manual propane, fridgen on manual propane
Turn off circuit breaker for converter
Plug short power cord into inverter using extension cord and 15 amp adapter dog bone..Not hockey puck
Mount inverter near batteries use large cable
You can use use a extension cord to run from inverter to shore cord storage, no need to drag out the big snake
All outlets inside will work, just don't forget
NO BIG LOADS...They will trip the inverter

Yes, does sound pretty easy that way. I already have a 400 MSW, now I wonder if it's large enough for my newer Samsung 40" and the DTV receiver and power inserter. I'm running two new G27 12v Deka dry cells. I will be having 180w of solar.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

MrWizard
Post #2
2old man has it right
Water heater on manual propane, fridgen on manual propane
Turn off circuit breaker for converter
Plug short power cord into inverter using extension cord and 15 amp adapter dog bone..Not hockey puck
Mount inverter near batteries use large cable
You can use use a extension cord to run from inverter to shore cord storage, no need to drag out the big snake
All outlets inside will work, just don't forget
NO BIG LOADS...They will trip the inverter
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
You should be able to access the 120V where it connects to the slide. Use a switch or ATS and connect to the inverter in the front.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Put the inverter in with the fuse/breaker panel.
Use the main battery feed for 12v power.
Use small transfer switch to power the one circuit.
No pulling wire, just make connections.
Get an inverter with a remote power switch if needed.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Attach inverter's supply cables as close to the batteries as possible. Alligator clips are not the best choice. Pull inverter AC wire through conduit under the floor, drill a hole near location of entertainment devices, and pull through floor.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Simplest method: plug your shore cord into the inverter. Turn off large loads. Disable converter.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman