cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any Words of Wisdom?

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
If any of you saw my post about my slide.....

Sooooo this is what happened!!

The reason this happened is the seal on the motor side somehow got stuck to the caulking on the slide, no idea why this would happen! So the motor side was stuck when I attempted to extend the slide not knowing it was stuck but then it broke free and the slide extended out.

So I think.....it is the motor side that jumped 3+ teeth (118.5 showing now) when it broke free.
I'm now thinking the motor side is the side I need to adjust (push slide in) to match passive side. Does this sound right? More I think about it the more sense it makes to me.
Passive side is showing 115 teeth.

I am going to attempt this on Wednesday. There is actually an access door to the motor underneath. Not sure what motor is down there but hope it is easy to disengage the gear. Then I will need to push that side of the slide in about 3 teeth worth. This slide is about 10' and holds the recliners and a table with 4 chairs.
Here is where I need your wisdom. Has anybody done this? Will I be able to push the slide in myself?

Thanks all! Oh, this is a through the frame slide, 2 rails with teeth on the bottom. It is NOT a in the wall schwintek!
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html
17 REPLIES 17

It won't help you but my Monaco has a built in winch and strap mounted in the storage bay to pull in the slide if for some reason it don't work as it should. Its just another of the little perks of a high end DP.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
some times a 2x4x8 helps give a little push.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did this years ago with my big slide that has drive gears on two rails. I remember having to loosen the gear drive on one side so the other rail would move independently to re-align it, then tightened the loose gear to match. My slide is way too heavy to be pushed, but I did need a helper to activate the motor.

I don't know if your setup is the same.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman