Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery in cabin

North0f60
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, haven't posted here in years.

Anyway, I have two new RV batteries for my c-class. They are bigger than what I had so I can only one where the old two were. Can I put the second battery in the cabin under the couch where my invertor is installed? I intend to put the battery on one for those black plastic battery boxes that has a lid. I was going to drill to holes on the lid to run the cables thru to connect to the other battery. The cabling is already close by due to the invertor right next to where I was going to place the battery.
Is that ok to do?
2000 F-450 30' Tioga C-class V-10 4kw genset
Former CruiseCanada rig
Sat tv, sat radio, xbox , beer
19 REPLIES 19

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on AGM's in inside spaces. No outgassing except under SEVERE overcharging.

Can be air shipped in the U.S.-- that should give you a warm fuzzy.

We started using them over a decade ago in our sailboats (in the cabin).
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi North,

Are they AGM batteries?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

North0f60
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick response. I intended to connect the batteries in that way. And I can vent it too. I think that are sealed batties though. There is no vent spout or removable caps.
2000 F-450 30' Tioga C-class V-10 4kw genset
Former CruiseCanada rig
Sat tv, sat radio, xbox , beer

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

It would need to be a sealed box with a vent to the great out doors. They will do best if wired in a balanced manner. This is what is balanced and best for twin twelve volt batteries.

As it often doesn't cost a dime more to do this, I think it is worth the trouble.

If you wish to understand the "why" surf here:

correctly interconnecting multiple twelve volt batteries
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

dupreet
Explorer
Explorer
I think you would be okay with an AGM sealed
Battery. A standard one would need to be in a vented case and isolated from the cabin.

Todd
Todd

1993 Ford E-350 pushed by a 1988 Wilderness 24' TT