cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beaver Monterey 1997 electrical problems

dorfboyzz
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1997 Beaver Monterey with electrical problems. First I would like to know if anybody has an electrical schematic for that model. Second I have a heart interface Freedom 20D inverter. I have been having a multitude of problems. One is when I hook up to shore power 4 the length of time my alternator gets fried. Second in the couch with nothing on my breaker on the heart power input will trip. The inverter is off and my remote is on in the coach. I have checked the incoming power and everything is good there. I have replaced 3 alternators in the past 4 years along with several batteries that it has cooked. Would the inverter / charger free such problems? This electrical is driving me crazy. I know enough just to get into trouble.. Thanks for your help
2 REPLIES 2

MrWizard
you need to have tech check the inverter for AC leakage in the DC charger output
bad filter capacitors in the charger section or a failing SCR

but you also have a wiring problem, because the alternator should NOT be connected to battery system when on shore power

there is the possibility of a bi-directional charge system, to maintain chassis batteries when on 120vac power
depending on the system this would expose the alternator output connections to any leaky AC voltage from the inverter charge section

but i suspect the problem with the alternators is something else,
like poor ground bonding of the shore power circuit
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Voice print knot reentering text correctly. Hard 2 under stand.