cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best PEX fitting system?

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
I know what the first thing people say when it comes to PEX fittings, and that's Sharkbite/Gatorbite/etc. However, with those, there is only a single O-ring that can easily get nicked if one isn't careful inserting the tubing, and the O-ring will get eaten away over time by chlorine. Either way, you have a leak.

Crimp fittings are commonly used by RV makers, but twist the lines slightly, and they start to leak.

So far, the best I've found is Uponor's ProPex expanding fittings, which only work with their PEX-A pipe, and their expansion tool is not cheap.

Second best appears to be Flair-It fittings which assemble and disassemble by hand, and because they squeeze the PEX tubing on all sides, it does a good job.

What would one recommend for RV plumbing?
18 REPLIES 18

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Stainless steel crimp rings have never let me down. The rings are fairly cheap, and I think my crimping tool cost about $45.
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I have the crimp tool and bands and that is what I use. Tubing twist is more from not maintaining a steady firm grip on the tool when securing the bands more than anything else.
My in floor PEX hydronic heat system uses compression fittings with double 'o' rings. It's a Califfi (Italian Made system).
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Shark bite has done well for me for 4 years now
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a selection of Flair-It fittings for emergencies. I have both 3/8" and 1/2" fittings and valves. Call me paranoid.
My neighbors, that I help, call me all sorts of things. Including, "lets go to dinner, my treat".

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson