cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigfoot leveling pump leak

Normcat
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 2013 Jayco Greyhawk motorhome and i have a small leak coming from one of my pumps. Just a drop or two on the ground i think its coming from pump seal. Anyone have any exprience with this issue ?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Normcat
Explorer
Explorer
Will do thanks

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cautiously snug up every fitting you can find. Spray with a bit of brake clean and check later to see if there is any more leaking.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Normcat
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks that might be it

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
It's probably coming from the rubber or plastic plug that is press fit into the very top of the reservoir. Either it's leaking around the threads or it's coming out the vent hole in the plug. Mine has always done it and creates an oily mess. People at Bigfoot says that's normal and don't worry about it. If the leak doesn't occur when the vehicle is not moving that should be a clue.

Normcat
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s definitely coming from the pump reservoir area. I was wondering if there is a seal between the pump and reservoir that might need repair. The hyd cylinder is fine and dry. Hose connections seem good.itโ€™s such a slow leak itโ€™s hard to detect. I dried everything as well as I could and will keep watcth

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
Hyd cyclinder seal might need repacking if it's the leg that lifts/ lowers. You have checked to make sure all hose connections are tight?
12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.