cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Sky 2512ix - 25amp load controller

06ViewH
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Blue Sky 2512ix controller installed in our motorhome. We also have a Honda ue3000ix generator with a wireless remote start installed on the generator.

In order to use the wireless remote start, we need to have the generators key switched on at all times and the wireless remote start will slowly drain the eu3000is battery.

So, we wired the eu3000 battery into the 2 amp auxiliary load output on the 2512ix. This works great if the house batteries are in acceptance or float - then the 2512ix will turn on the 2amp load output. But if for some reason the house batteries stay in bulk mode, then the eu3000 continues to drain.

My thought is to use the 2512ix 25amp load output for the charging of the eu3000. That way the 25amp output is controlled by the battery voltage (on at 12.6v and off at 11.5v) and not the charging mode.

Questions:

- I assume that the voltage sent to the eu3000 battery via the 25amp output will be the same as the battery charging (float 13.2v, bulk, etc)?

- Does the 2512ix work as a battery isolator to keep the eu3000 battery from discharging with the house batteries? Meaning, is it a one way connection like a battery isolator between the house and starting batteries?

Thanks for your help.
Meyer Meyer - 2006 Winnebago View / 2008 22 C-Dory

Recent travel map: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=a07a538ddea1dca24
3 REPLIES 3

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
+1 for trik-l-start.

Or wire the remote to draw directly from the house battery.

Or both

MrWizard
no the blue sky does not work as an isolator

if the honda is connected to the 25amp output 'as is' the house batteries then the honda battery is connected directly to the house batteries

you want Isolation 'a good idea' then use a Diode or a realy or an isolator between the 25 amp output and the honda battery

or do as suggested and buy a 'trik L start' which is a charge controller

BTW FYI
if your dry camping and using the honda daily, the remote start reciver should not be dragging the battery down

the battery is going bad, or the charge back circuit is not operating correctly

IF you are leaving in on for 'days' of non-use, then it is 'operator error'
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

The Blue Sky is operating as it should.

Get a Trik-L-Start for the Honda. Then when ever there is charging going on the Honda battery will be maintained.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.