Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Byeing a new A/C for my Kountry Star HELP

AL49er
Explorer
Explorer
mY A/C is bad so I M going to bye a new one. I hwve 2 ducts in my
ceiling when I order my new A/C what do i look for when I go to by?
And do I have to stay with the same kind? Or do you let the deler
pick it out and install it? I had 1 estment 1,500 Thanks Al.
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
2004 Newmar's use Dometic AC (or heat Pump). You HAVE to replace with a Dometic due to your Wall Tstat system. There are 2 models Newmar used.
1. The regular height Brisk Air(500 series)
2. The Lo Profile Penguin(600 series)
IF you have the Lo Profile Penguin you will have to buy the NEW Penguin and then BUY a 12 button tstat to 5 button tstat control board retrofit kit. ALL new Penguins come with the control package as standard(12 button wall CCC control) which will not work with your existing 5 button wall tstat and other AC unit.
3. IF you have a Brisk Air model, then the existing Control package will work just fine.
4. IF you have a HEAT PUMP Brisk Air, then the existing control package will not work with the Brisk Air without modification of the wiring on the existing control board.
5. Newmar Dometic units are bolted from the TOP with lag bolts and I advise to NOT replace as a DIY if you do not have the experaince on this type install. You also have to ADD a gasket on the bottom of the new unit to separate the intake from the exhaust for the ducting system. Doug

Moved from Technology Corner

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look on the roof and see exactly what it is (if you don't have the owners manual. I would recommend and exact replacement so you don't have to do anything but unscrew 4 bolts, swap the wiring and screw it back in place. If you are at all handy and have a way to get the VERY heavy unit on the roof it is a do-it-yourself replacement.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a new coleman 13,500 put on a dog trailer $750. and they did it over night.