cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Car alarm trouble and technical question

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of those dealer installed KARR series 3 alarms and recently it stopped working correctly. It will not "dissarm" when I push the unlock button on the remote. The doors unlock, but the alarm stays armed and then goes off when you open the door. No amount of pressing the unlock helps. I have to insert the key, turn to on, and press the valet button to overide it. Every time. However, it WILL properly arm when pressing the lock button.

I have put the alarm in valet mode so it will not respond to triggers, but it still disables the ignition and I have to use the overide procedure to enable the ignition. Every time.

My question is this, does anyone know what signal the control module uses to disarm? Does it actually receive a signal from the remote, or does it receive a signal on the door unlock wire or something else?

It seems to me this kind of piggy back system placed on a car that already has power locks and a factory key fob would not utilize a radio signal, but an electrical one, but I can't find anything on this system anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daniel
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS ๐Ÿ˜› 2007, DD :C 2008
1 REPLY 1

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I had that happen too. The installer tried to bypass something instead of spending the extra money on a module/controller. Very frustrating when leaving at 4am and your alarm wakes everyone.