Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stanley battery charger BC50BS

Kpackpackkelley
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, Stanley battery charger BC50BS
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted.
I’m having trouble with regular battery charger’s, the one I have is a automatic Stanley BC50BS.
My question is will it ever bring a battery to 100%?
When it says full charge and goes into float it’s only around 12.45 volts. If I leave it hooked up in float will it finally get a full charge?
I used to use a 2 amp manual charger and after 6 or 8 hours it would be 100%.
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
If that charger isn’t doing the job, get a new charger.
Calibrate your multi meter?? Lol 1978 called and wants their antique multimeter back…
This is another non issue. Go get a decent charger/maintainer and toss the old one in the round file.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Kpackpackkelley
Explorer
Explorer
Batteries were up this morning after surface charge went off to 12.7 volts.
I’m going to talk to the guys that sell batteries at interstate about this type of charger they recharge a lot of batteries and resell them, I’ve bought some that lasted a long time.
Thanks for the post.

Kpackpackkelley
Explorer
Explorer
I have the lawnmower battery charged all the way with the charger, it’s surface charge is sitting at 13.19 by my meter, I’ll let it set tonight and get the surface charge of of it and check it in the morning.
New batteries on my diesel truck, they check good by my meter.
I know this auto charger doesn’t heat up batteries like the old 2 amp manual charger’s.
If I find a used one, would it hurt a sealed battery?
I wish I had a PD with charge wizard in the barn, they’re so nice.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I've had two chargers go bad over the years. Definitely put a new battery in your meter. Then take a voltage reading off your recently driven car or truck.

If your car battery reads down around 12.45 like your tractor I would suspect the meter. If the car battery reads 12.6 or higher and tractor reds 12.4 suspect the charger.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Kpackpackkelley
Explorer
Explorer
That’s the way my PD with a charge wizard works in my trailer, I understand it.
I’m asking about sealed batteries on a tractor, 4 wheeler, lawn mower, and truck. This is a regular automatic charger.
I’m going to put new batteries in my meter and check that.
Like I say I used to use a manual charger but they’re all gone and you can’t find the small ones anymore just tall ones like a mechanic shop uses. My meter could be bad. Thanks

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also check the calibration on your voltmeter and the above is for flooded batteries.

Other RV loads can change/reduce the battery voltage and amps while charging. Once float voltage 13.6V is obtained it should remain there unless the RV draw exceeds the charger capability.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have the battery load tested to be sure it's OK. With a discharged battery a 3 stage charger will ramp up the voltage to 14.6V - bulk mode, hold 14.6V until about 85% charged - absorb mode, then taper the amps and voltage and amps to 13.6V - float mode.

Float mode can take many hours to reach 100% because the amp charging rate is very low.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob