cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Costco GC2 Batts

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Well, One of my 4 year 4 month old GC2s from Costco just coughed up a cell during a cold Coast camp trip!! Sure I could buy another $86 Batt,, but I would still have a 4+ year old one..
Ordered two T105 Trojans,,, hopefully I wont report back for five or more years!!
54 REPLIES 54

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
sclark wrote:
You wont go wrong with Trojan batteries. Check with golf cart repair shops in the area for the best prices.

That is a great idea,,,But the solar guy I go to sells Trojans to the courses around here! He offered up re-conditioned Trojans at half the price, but also sold me on the fact that new ones will long out last the other brands,, so we will go new.
We are headed back out to the Coast next month (January) and I would like to use my heater at night (No hook up camping),expecting temps to be just above freezing at night. Last year at that time we had four nights around 35 degrees and windy..

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Nunyadamn wrote:
I am pretty sure you could take it back to Costco for a replacement/refund. That's the best benefit of being a Costco member, they will take almost anything back.

Probably so, but the age factor and mixing old and new,, Five years is standard life of a battery so for the $42 difference in the two sets,, I will hope I get the better battery and be happier.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
hammick wrote:
Anyway if you can get the T-105RE for just a little more might be worth looking into. I think you also get a longer warranty with the RE models.

The T-105RE have the exact same specs as the T105, but the weight 5 lbs more !

Not sure if they are the T105RE's or not, I told him I was looking at the T105HD's and he said he's get the better ones (didn't know they had good and bad ones), but specs he sent showed these at 62 pounds.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
hammick wrote:
Anyway if you can get the T-105RE for just a little more might be worth looking into. I think you also get a longer warranty with the RE models.

The T-105RE have the exact same specs as the T105, but the weight 5 lbs more !

hammick
Explorer
Explorer
Did you get the RE model? I have the Trojan L16RE-A batteries in my 48v off grid system. They are great batteries but I don't have anything else to compare them to. Not sure if the RE Smart Carbon stuff is marketing gimmick or really helps with partial SOC that a solar array often sees. Crown batteries hype up a similar claim with their RE line.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
My 4 Costco GC2 batteries were installed in Jan 2010 and are still going strong.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
I am pretty sure you could take it back to Costco for a replacement/refund. That's the best benefit of being a Costco member, they will take almost anything back.
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
jake2250 wrote:
Well, One of my 4 year 4 month old GC2s from Costco just coughed up a cell during a cold Coast camp trip!! Sure I could buy another $86 Batt,, but I would still have a 4+ year old one..
Ordered two T105 Trojans,,, hopefully I wont report back for five or more years!!

SO what did you pay for the T105s ?

Same guy I got my solar from @ $110 a piece.

sclark
Explorer
Explorer
You wont go wrong with Trojan batteries. Check with golf cart repair shops in the area for the best prices.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Cummins Aisin transmission
2014 KZ 358BHK
Honda eu3000is Generator

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:

SO what did you pay for the T105s ?